Staffordshire & Stoke CRC
Integrated Offender Management / Substance Misuse Team
Located at Longton Police Station, Stoke-On-Trent and Hanley Probation Office
PROBATION PRACTITIONER LEVEL 3
£29,757 – £36,983 pro rata per annum
Staffordshire & West Midlands (SWM) CRC provide services to transform lives and reduce crime. We work with people aged 18 and over who have been either sentenced by the courts to a Community Order or Suspended Sentence Order, or released on licence from prison to serve the rest of their sentence in the community.
Along with our sister company, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Rutland (DLNR) CRC, we are part of the Reducing Reoffending Partnership (RRP).
This partnership also includes:
- Ingeus UK – a leading provider of the government’s Work Programme
- St Giles Trust – a charity working with service users in prisons and communities
- Change, Grow, Live (CGL) – a large substance misuse charity
The Reducing Reoffending Partnership has recently undergone an exciting transformation which has seen an overhaul of our estates in Staffordshire, ICT and operational delivery including introducing Through the Gate services in our resettlement prisons.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic probation professional within a multi-agency setting working with police and substance misuse partners amongst others, in the delivery of case management and interventions to those who commit the most crime in society and/or are dependent on substance abuse. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference by working with partners and co-managing service users in the community and prison to reduce reoffending and protect the public through the delivery of structured interventions. While based at Longton IOM team, the successful candidate will also be expected to work at the new Hanley Probation Office as required, to support the delivery of our new and innovative group interventions such as the young adult programme, peer mentoring, domestic abuse, victim empathy, anger management and Foundations of Rehabilitation.
Successful applicant’s core duties will include:
- To supervise service users in line with service standards, providing case management and interventions which aim to reduce risks of harm and re-offending.
- To enforce orders and licences, prepare breach reports and attend court to present evidence if required.
- To work effectively with prisons in order to support the end to end management of case managers within prisons and the community.
- To organise and complete records of supervision and provide monitoring information, maintaining and using up to date administrative and information systems/technology. In line with service standards, policies and procedures.
- To take on specific responsibilities, representing the CRC in maintaining links with external organisations identified as relevant to the achievement of service and team objectives.
- To meet key targets and performance indicators. It is essential that applicants have a VQ5 in Probation Practice, DipPS, DipSW or CQSW.
Applicants will need excellent communication and engagement skills in order to work effectively with service users in an individual and group setting. The ability to manage challenging behaviour, motivate people, develop empathy and having a non-judgemental attitude are also essential. Applicants will need to possess good IT skills but most importantly believe in the capacity of people to change.
For further information on the post please contact Susan Hudson on 01785 233 211 / 07976197646 or Jeanette Williamson on 0121 273 4744 / 07745319069
This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Services and enhanced police vetting will also be required given co-location at a police station.
Fixed term contracts will also be considered.
To apply for this role, please send a completed application form to SWM CRC, HR Recruitment, 4th Floor Livery Place, 35 Livery Street, Birmingham, B3 2PB by 4pm on Friday 25th August 2017.