Have you got what it takes to transform people’s lives?
Staffordshire & West Midlands Community Rehabilitation Company (part of the Reducing Reoffending Partnership) provide Probation services to Service Users subject to court orders and those released from prison on licences. We are currently opening up an exciting opportunity for Probation Practitioners to join our teams in Birmingham, Stafford and Solihull/Coventry.
As a Probation Practitioner you will manage a caseload of low to medium risk offenders. You will provide and support opportunities for Service Users to improve their skills through effective assessment and planning, delivery of interventions and collaborative use of partnerships. This is with the aim of reducing reoffending, protecting the public and creating safer communities for us all to live in. This is not an easy job, but it is a rewarding one with variety and the chance to help people turn their lives around.
Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assess service users risk of harm using the appropriate tools
- Devise sentence plans that address service users risk and needs and to identify solutions to overcome non compliance
- Motivate, support and encourage service users to successfully complete their sentence plan
- Continuously monitor, review, assess and track the sentence plan to ensure that it remains “fit for purpose” and refer any significant change in risk
- Liaise with outside agencies to create a plan to help effectively rehabilitate service users
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent communication and people skills,
- Patience, empathy and a non-judgemental attitude
- The ability to handle and address challenging behaviour
- Resilience and determination to improve outcomes
- The ability to motivate people and a core belief in people’s ability to change
- To be able to deliver outstanding probation practice through your risk management and sentence planning skill
- This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Services check
- All new Probation Practitioners are required to satisfactorily complete the Vocational Qualification Level 3 (VQ3) in Probation Practice within 12 months of appointment (condition of continued employment).
As well as working for an organisation with a strong set of values, we offer:
- A starting salary of £22,580
- 27 days annual leave, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Support and training to maximise your potential
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance line
- Travel loan
Have what is takes?
If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you. To apply, please send a completed and signed application form to:
HR Shared Services team at HRJobApplication@rrp.gse.gov.uk or by post to Ground Floor, Centre City, 5-7 Hill Street, Birmingham, B5 4UA.
Submit your completed application by Friday 18th January 2019.
For further information please contact the HR department on 0121 273 5639